cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR920 mLACP

davidwilko
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking at setting up some ASR920s with mLACP, I followed the configuration guide for mLACP - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr920/configuration/guide/lanswitch/16-12-1/b-lanswitch-etherchannel-xe-16-12-asr920/b-lanswitch-etherchannel-xe-16-11-asr920_chapter_01.html#GUID-107F0C7A-F9AA-4937-91CB-8B09C85FFE15

I've run into a couple of issues, I'm not sure if its an issue with the 920 or not as I found some old mailing list posts which suggest mLACP isn't something which is supported on the lower end devices like the 920 however the above would suggest differently.

The first issue is that when a port in the port channel goes down it seems to take down the whole port channel briefly, my understanding is that the ports would switch from standby to an active state without the channel going down.

The second issue I came across was when I when I look the one of the 920 down, the other one took down the port channel and left it down rather than it going active and keeping the channel up. I really hope this isn't by design as that would defeat the whole purpose of mLACP.

Is anyone using mLACP successfully with the ASR920s or is it something they can't fully do?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

mLACP for ASR are you use VPLS?

VPLS will be used on some VLANs, Some will be P2P pseudowires and at least one VLAN will be used for OSPF