cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CTC for 15310-ma SONET

bboston85
Level 1
Level 1

We have a decent sized SONET ring utilizing 15310's. I am having an issue with accessing the CTC application on any of the devices via the web interface. I believe they all have CTC version 7 installed on them. I have not been able to get the applet to initialize and run no matter what version of java or IE I am using. Is there a client version that can be installed directly to access the nodes without loading it off of the devices themselves?

Thanks,

Bryan

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

2 Replies 2

Frederic Vanderbecq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

which version of Windows are you using and which Java version ?

If you try to ping the different 15310, is that working ? Are you able to login at least to the GNE or is that failing as well ?

If you can ping the 15310s or the GNE, you could try to start CTC using CTC launcher instead:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/optical/15000r8_5/dwdm/procedure/guide/d85ictc.html#wp193556

The CTC launcher is an application you install on your local machine and which you can use to start CTC without the use of a browser.

Fred

Thanks Frederic,

After about 5-10 minutes of patience finally paid off for me here. Turns out, it just takes some time to load the CTC console. What threw me off was the message in the IE window stating the CTC Launch had failed.

I tried your suggestion fo downloading the exe directly, but it looks like that may work on newer versions, we are still on 7 right now.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

-Bryan