Views
Helpful
Replies

EVC and second-dot1q problem.

david.sua
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure a interface with two dot1q tags but I can't do it.

I think thats is because my line card doesn't support it but I can't find any doc to confirm it.

I have a 7606-S chassis with two WS-SUP32-GE-3B, one WS-X6548-RJ-45 and one WS-X6516A-GBIC.

When I try to configure a subinterface in any line module with the command "encapsulation dot1Q X second-dot1q Y" the router doesn't accept second-dot1q part of the command,

Router(config-subif)#do sh run interface GigabitEthernet2/1.2
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 38 bytes
!
interface GigabitEthernet2/1.2
end

Router(config-subif)#interface GigabitEthernet2/1.2

Router(config-subif)#encapsulation dot1Q 3 ?
  native  Make this as native vlan
  <cr>

I tried it in a interface of each module and always is the same output.

After, I have tried to use service instance but I can't set encasulation under service instance configuration part,

Router(config)#interface GigabitEthernet6/5

Router(config-if)#service instance 1 ethernet

Router(config-if-srv)#?
Ethernet EFP configuration commands:
  default      Set a command to its defaults
  description  Service instance specific description
  ethernet     ethernet
  exit         Exit from ETHER EFP configuration mode
  ipv6         IPv6 interface subcommands
  mac          Commands for MAC Address-based features
  no           Negate a command or set its defaults
  shutdown     Take the Service Instance out of Service
  snmp         Modify SNMP service instance parameters

The easy way is upgrade hardware but is not a choice now...

Anybody know if it's possible do it with my hardware config?

Thanks in advance.

David.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello.

Yes, this kind of MPLS configuration is supported on SIP400, ES20/ES40 LC, but ES20/40 requires SUP720, so SIP400 is your only chose.

If you configure xconnect under service instance, you need SIP400 V2 SPA; if you configure under sub-interface -> just SIP400. In this case SIP400 is customer-facing LC.

Also you have an option to configure xconnect under interface VLAN -> SIP400 should be CORE-facing LC.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

MAURY MALONE
Level 1
Level 1

I believe only ES20/40 line cards and some Ethernet modules in a SIPxxx card can support the type of configuration your looking to perform.

Hello.

Yes, this kind of MPLS configuration is supported on SIP400, ES20/ES40 LC, but ES20/40 requires SUP720, so SIP400 is your only chose.

If you configure xconnect under service instance, you need SIP400 V2 SPA; if you configure under sub-interface -> just SIP400. In this case SIP400 is customer-facing LC.

Also you have an option to configure xconnect under interface VLAN -> SIP400 should be CORE-facing LC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: