cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is ME3600X the right equipment for my ENNI provider setup?

ruizmauricio39
Level 1
Level 1

We recently added a service provider that will provide us with Provider UNI's to each of our customer sites. They will carry traffic across there backbone and pop/remove their S-vlan at each site and each site has a unique S-vlan tag. All customer sites Metro circuits terminate at our main site and we need to install a device on our end that also pops/removes the S-vlan and forwards all C-vlan traffic to our core network on one port (trunked). Each site carrys vlans that are unique and do not repeat at any other site.

Our Site A >>> (UNI) >  Provider Network > (ENNI HANDOFF) >>> ME3600X >>> Our Core Switch

We would like to minimize the number of physical ports used from the ME3600x to the core switch ideally to one or two ports (port channel) and not use a physical port for each and every S-vlan we need to pop at the core side.

Can the ME3600x do the job or is there another cost efficient Cisco device that can achieve these results? Also any suggestions on how the ME3600X would be configured to achieve this. I have attached a diagram to enhance the explanation further.

This is my first post and hopefully I explained it to my best ability here. 

16 Replies 16

thanks for offering to help....we are currently in a holding pattern waiting for the equipment to arrive and test out the configurations suggested here. Thank you....

Hello there,

Can somebody explain me the difference between ME3600 and AR920 offering along with mac addresses, ip4 routes and ipv6 routes? I need it immediately. why ASR 920 is better than Me3600