cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ME-3600 and ME-3800 with LMS CiscoWorks 4.0

pefernandezc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have LMS CiscoWorks 4.0 instaled in a server, but the software is not support this devices. What am I supposed to do? I search in LMS CiscoView Device Package Updates this devices but not exist. Could someone help me?

6 Replies 6

rsimoni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

which IOS are you running on your me-3x00x 12.2(52) EYx or 15.1(2)EYx ?

Riccardo

Hi Riccardo

Thanks for your response. The IOS than running in the ME-3600 and ME-3800 is 12.2(52) EY1.

Hi Paul,

I have the impression that the issue lies on the me3x00x IOS rather than on LMS.

I found an internal bug saying that due to a wrong mib variable reading these devices are not discoverable by LMS Ciscoworks when they run 15.1 images. The bug is being worked on right now.

From the notes it seems that if 12.2(52)EY2 is used everything is fine instead - at least that mib reading is fine, not completely sure wheter LMS discovers the device.

I suggest you to try to upgrade to 12.2(52)EY2 and if the issue is still there I suggest you to open a TAC case on it.

If this is needed write to me in private, I will tell you the internal bug you have to mention in the case notes.

Riccardo

Hi Riccardo

I have a problem with the migration to EY2 because exist a issue with the protocolos REP y Spanning-tree in this version. I am wearing these protocols in the network. In this moment exist a TAC case for that.

I have three equipaments that run 12.2(52)EY2a. I  am going  to prove right now with those.

Hi Riccardo

I have changed the IOS to 12.2EY2a but continuous my problem. Do you have other idea?

Hi Paul,

go for a TAC case as I suspect that the bug I gave you in private has to do with the issue. In other words me3x00x switches are not supported on ciscoworks yet.

Alternatively try to post your question on Network Infrastructure > Network Management section first for people expert in ciscoworks to share their comments.

Riccardo