cancel
Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

need help with 7204vxr and metro-e

niftyzero
Level 1
Level 1

ok i have a cisco 7204vxr that i am trying to use for metro ethernet that we had turned up today that is dmarc'd and ready.

the isp gave us this:
Customer router IP
Customer router default gateway "not sure how to set that up"

and customer network IP range

i have the assigned FastEthernet 3/0 port in the front bay of the router the IP address and subnet that our ISP gave us for our router address.  this interface is connected to the d'marc.

i have also assigned GigabitEthernet 1/0 in the back of the router with the an ip and subnet from the ip range we were given for our use and saved the config.

if i take a laptop and plug in into the GigabitEthernet 1/0 on the back and assign it an ip and subnet from our new useable range and the ISP's dns i can't browse or ping anything past of the router.

i am able to ping the ISP's router from the mine.

i have not set up any routes because i am not sure what to do yet.

any help would be appreciated as our current ISP is turning our business' service off at midnight tonight.

1 RESPUESTA 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

ok i have a cisco 7204vxr that i am trying to use for metro ethernet that we had turned up today that is dmarc'd and ready.

the isp gave us this:
Customer router IP
Customer router default gateway "not sure how to set that up"

and customer network IP range

i have the assigned FastEthernet 3/0 port in the front bay of the router the IP address and subnet that our ISP gave us for our router address. this interface is connected to the d'marc.

i have also assigned GigabitEthernet 1/0 in the back of the router with the an ip and subnet from the ip range we were given for our use and saved the config.

if i take a laptop and plug in into the GigabitEthernet 1/0 on the back and assign it an ip and subnet from our new useable range and the ISP's dns i can't browse or ping anything past of the router.

i am able to ping the ISP's router from the mine.

i have not set up any routes because i am not sure what to do yet.

any help would be appreciated as our current ISP is turning our business' service off at midnight tonight.

Hi,

As per the thread what i understand a router with two interface one facing towards the isp with point to point link and other end as lan interface,If yes then you need to configure a default route towards your isp for outgoing traffic and ask your isp to put a reverse route for your local lan subnet towards your routers want interface.

Hope that Help !!

Remember to rate the helpful post

Ganesh.H