Metro

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,I intend  to deploy a Layer 2 multipoint to multipoint but I still confused between  EoE and VPLS so someone can help me distinguish the difference of Ethernet over Ethernet vs VPLS, and configure examples such as NTT EoE are provided???http:...

athai2018 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a question regarding L2PT, especially from this documentation:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3550/software/release/12.2_25_seb/configuration/guide/swtunnel.html#wp1005050To my understanding, when l2pt PE switch receive a ...

I am trying to connect a router to a network that has double tagged ethernet (IP) packets. I have configured an ethernet subinterface to a bridge group and to the router via a BVI (see below). Double tagged packets are received from the network to th...

nvpt by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,May be basic funda question. When to enable 'ethernet oam' and 'lldp'.I know lldp is cisco to non-cisco layer 2 communication.What is the difference between oam and lldp and when to use?RegardsSiva K

HiI have requirement like below                                             --------------Ethernet Point-to-Point Leased Line1--------------------------Trunk-------- 2911 Router                                                                         ...

Folks, to my understanding VPLS is L2 VPN artchitecture. I thought that the idea here is that by using VPLS customers can gain connectivity to other sites using a layer 2 switch as the CPE(Customer Premise Equipment).If that is the case, why this sli...

news2010a by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have connectivity like this:customer switch forced to 100Mbps/Full duplex----------My end ME-3400-24TS-D configured for Auto negotiation.ME-3400 negotiating with 100Mbps/Half duplex. Customer facing CRC. Forced ME-3400 to 100Mbps/Full duplex, bu...

Hi,Provided L2VLL to metro customer. He is able to access all systems though it. But two linux systems have problem. Problem starts like this.Location A ------------------------- Location B(problem systemsare here)From location A customer will initia...

Hello,Requirement: 802.1Qay (PBB-TE) solution for L2 MPLS Customers.I would like to receive your advice about the solution and share your inputs.Thanks in advance for your help.Best Regards,Giuseppe

gpangallo by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We will be setting up  ME between HQ & multiple Sites. We would bring the HQ ME into a 6500.  The remote sites will have 3560 switches. The remote sites only need to talk to the HQ. Each remote site would have a minimun 10mg circuit with HQ having 50...

p-edelen by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

ok i have a cisco 7204vxr that i am trying to use for metro ethernet that we had turned up today that is dmarc'd and ready.the isp gave us this:Customer router IPCustomer router default gateway "not sure how to set that up"and customer network IP ran...

niftyzero by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes