cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MetroE setup

p-edelen
Level 1
Level 1

We will be setting up  ME between HQ & multiple Sites. We would bring the HQ ME into a 6500.  The remote sites will have 3560 switches. The remote sites only need to talk to the HQ. Each remote site would have a minimun 10mg circuit with HQ having 50mg.

How do you configure the Ethernet port ( & subinterface, Vlan, etc...) on the 6500 as well as the 3560's at the remote sites. A couple of examples would get us going in the right direction. 

Thanks...

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We will be setting up  ME between HQ & multiple Sites. We would bring the HQ ME into a 6500.  The remote sites will have 3560 switches. The remote sites only need to talk to the HQ. Each remote site would have a minimun 10mg circuit with HQ having 50mg.

How do you configure the Ethernet port ( & subinterface, Vlan, etc...) on the 6500 as well as the 3560's at the remote sites. A couple of examples would get us going in the right direction. 

Thanks...

Hi,

Check out the below link for confguring the vlans and interface in switches hope that helps !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk689/technologies_configuration_example09186a008009478e.shtml

Remember to rate the helpful post

Ganesh.H

jfraasch
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Is this in a ring topology? Is that why there is a need for the subinterfaces?  Or are the ethernet connections point to point links?

James