Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7600 reload when online insert card

I met this problem about 5% of my 7600 routers but not everytime. How should I do?

Last node yesterday no any abnormal log and no crash file. It have 3 cards: RSP720, 6704 (online inserted), and 6724 card.

Thank you very much.

6 Replies 6

Vinit Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you please share the show log and show diagn events. Also, note that, if the cards are not inserted properly or there is too much of delay in inserting the cards, this can cause backplane issues and cause the cards to flap.

Once you share the logs, i will look into it.

Regards

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit

Also, note that, if the cards are not inserted properly or there is too much of delay in inserting the cards, this can cause back-plane issues and cause the cards to flap.

I agree. Do you have any document?

Thank you very much.

I will have to look through to find a relevant document but i can suggest you as a best practice, you can first disable the power on the module by configuring the command:

no power enable module <module #>

Once the module is inserted, you can then re-enable the power back for the slot.

i would still request you to share the below logs:

- show log

- show diagn events

Please note that the logs should be present for the time when the modules crashed.

Hope this helps. 

Regards

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit

p2#sh diagnostic events
Diagnostic events (storage for 500 events, 3 events recorded)
Event Type (ET): I - Info, W - Warning, E - Error

Time Stamp         ET [Card] Event Message
------------------ -- --------------------------------------------------------
05/09 18:10:31.012 I  [5] Diagnostics Passed
05/09 18:11:23.681 I  [9] Diagnostics Passed
05/09 18:11:30.217 I  [1] Diagnostics Passed

p2#

For log, could you please share your email?

Thank you very much.

You can attach the show log as a file when you reply. there is an option for attachment. 

Regards

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit

Sorry, I wouldn't like it shows to the public.

Thank you very much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: