Views
Helpful
Replies

A few more questions on Segment Routing

danailpetrov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, me again!

I am back again with a few questions I couldn't find the answers to. 

1) I noticed that from version 6.3.x to 6.5.x there has been a change in the way the srte policy is created and referred to. I noticed that when a new policy is created it isn't using the provided (user defined) name, but it composes/auto-generates name, following a convention line <srte_c_10_ep_10.0.0.3>. That's a bit weird because now I need to go and verify every time what will be the name that the IOS XR generated for a policy before I can refer to it within a pw-class, for example. Does anyone know what's the rationale behind that decision and why did Cisco do that? Also, is there like a "knob" to switch that behaviour off? 

2) Drop traffic for invalid policy. I read about that in the Segment Routing Part II book, but I couldn't find much about how to get this configured on. 

In TOI (slide 48) from segment-routing.net I've found the following config:

segment-routing traffic-eng
 policy BLUE
  color 10 end-point ipv4 1.1.1.4 
   steering invalidation drop     
candidate-paths

However, none of the versions I tried (either on XRv or actual XR running on NCS) that on accepted this command (there isn't invalidation drop within the steering section). Do you know is that still an option with static configuration or is this only available using an external controller? I couldn't find anything about this on Cisco's website. 

Many thanks in advance.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: