cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP session with dual peer and failover

gilson_machado
Level 1
Level 1

I have three sites to interconnect and two SP. One SP connecting two site. The other SP connecting the three sites.

I would like to use my router (7206) to route my company's traffic between the two SP if one of my site have a failure with one of the two SP. Sounds complicate but it can be done. Does anyone have a configuration sample?

Thnaks in advance.

3 Replies 3

j-block
Level 4
Level 4

You could connect the First site (say A) to the service provider 1 and the second site B to the SP 2.You could then run BGP between the A and the service provider and between B and the SP. You could then have a link between A and B just to add redundancy. Now you could connect the third site C to either A or B. I guess this is the efficient way of doing this.

In my case one SP1 connects the three sites (A,B,C). The second SP2 only can be connected to two sites(A, B). My question is: In case SP2 fail to provide services to site A, Can I use SP1 to provide routes from A via C to B? What BGP features I have to use ( weight, route map)?

To answer your question on route selection you use weight commands.

As per as design architecture,

connect A to SP1, SP2 & C to SP1.

What happens if SP1 fails then Site C gets isoloated. So eBGP A & C.

if you want SP1 to provide routes from A via C to B...then use match-as & route maps.