Views
Helpful
Replies

Carrier Support Carrier (CSC) - can't not ping other CSC CE sites

jay.wongwong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm doing a practice about CSC, i can see other CSC CE site routes as "show ip route vrf XXX", but can't ping that.

When I do "show mpls forwarding-table vrf XXX", no label assigned for other CSC CE site, i think it is the problem (let me know if i'm wrong), but I don't know which part of configuration I'm missing, anyone can help? thanks a lot!

my basic configuration now is:

R16(CSC CE) <--IGP--> R15 (CSC PE) <----mpls ip-----> R7 (PE)< ----vpnv4----R1----vpnv4--->-R8 (PE) <----send label---- >R12 (CSC PE) <--IGP--->R13 (CSC CE)

Best Regards

3 Replies 3

Samil Lama
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jay,

R7 and/or R8 are IOS-XR?

Cisco software requires a /32 route for each next-hop that should be label switched. In the CSC / Inter-AS B/C options, in IOS-XR you must add manually a /32 static route for the peer address of the interconnection in order to create a label for that.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4-2/lxvpn/configuration/guide/vcasr9kv342/vcasr9k42v3.html#wp1289643

Also, remember to use IGP+LDP or BGP+Labels (send-label) in order to exchange labels. Any other combination will not work.

Best,

Please don't forget to rate helpful posts.

I am having the same problem. One of my CSC PE is XR and other one is IOS-XE. 

CSC-CE running IOS-Xe in both sites.

Customer Devices connected behind CSC-CE running IOS-Xe as well. Customer devices can see all the routes but can't ping anything. I am able to ping between the CSC CE sites. 

Customer (IOS)>>CSC CE1(IOS)>> CSC PE1 (XR)>> CSC PE2 (IOS)>> CSC CE2 (IOS)>> Customer (IOS)

CSC PE1 have a static route to CSC CE1. 

pabloboscariol
Level 1
Level 1

on the CSC-CEs use show ip cef x.x.x.x detail to see the labels, or show ip bgp. You're not going to see the bgp-learnt labels on the mpls forwarding table.

use this image as reference to csc-pe and csc-ce (65682.jpg)

Double check the local labels for the VRF on R7 and R8, and the send-label command under BGP. If you're working with XR, the correct AFI is ipv4 labeled-unicast.

remember: 

if you're working with IOS-XR, need to apply allocate-all under the vrf ipv4 unicast AFI. If you don't do this, the router doesn't have labels to send to the CSC-CE.

you need to have a pop-label in the outgoing label field of the LFIB on the CSC-PE, pointing to the BGP NextHop. If not, you will need to add a static route (as Samil told you).

have a great day, and let us know if it worked! :)