Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS-XR show mpls label table summary output Interpretation

Hello Dears,

Please advise about the below case scenario:

I'm having Inter-AS option B EBGP peering between ASBR router in my network & an external ASBR router in another AS, after establishing the EBGP connectivity successfully, not all of the BGP VPNv4 router are being advertised to the remote ASBR Peer.

Problem was identified that there are no sufficient labels to be allocated for the BGP prefixes due to default mpls label range is lower than the number of BGP prefixes, so i had to extend the MPLS label range on the IOS-XR router to accommodate the current number of prefixes.

After extending the label range to its max, not all of the prefixes are being advertised also to the peer & i need support to interpret the below output:

RP/0/RP0/CPU0:router#show mpls label table summary
Application Count
---------------------------- -------
LSD(A) 4
LDP(A) 1376
L2VPN(A) 3
LDP(S) 1376
TE-Control(A) 4
BGP-VPNv4(A):bgp-default 244883
BGP-VPNv4(S):bgp-default 617509
---------------------------- -------
TOTAL 618578

what do exactly BGP-VPNv4(A) & BGP-VPNv4(S) refers to ???

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

fzamora
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Active/Standby

Thanks Fzamora for the update, this is referring to Active/Standby RSPs right ?

this means that not all of VPNv4 prefix labels are completely synced between both RSPs ?

By the way, my problem is solved after rebooting the box.

That is correct, active/standby status of the RSPs, labels were not sync at the moment you took the snapshot.
Regards,

Franco

It can be expected that with reload you can fix this issue. Mainly due to the fact that sometimes when customers expand the label range do not realize that labels from the range that was expanded were already assigned to other MPLS applications (IGP, SR, etc.), due to this the Label Switching Database (LSD) cannot solve conflicts and a reload is mandatory.

Regards,

Elvin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: