Views
Helpful
Replies

l2vpn neighbor all ldp flap command usage

Rojer-bkk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert,

In l2vpn targeted LDP sessions/pseudowires between Cisco and 3rd party vendors, could someone explain me how the command work and help to solve inter-operability issue? Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Vinit Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,
Could you please help me understand your problem. Is your targeted LDP session getting established? Is the l2vpn peering up?
Could you please capture the below output:
- show mpls ldp nei <remote-PE-IP>
- show xconnect all
- show mpls l2 vc <vcid> det
If your t-ldp session is not getting established, could you please try configuring "mpls ldp discovery targeted-hello accept".
Thanks
--VJ

Thanks
--Vinit

Hi VJ,

Thanks for reply.
Connectivity is l2vpn xconnect stitching (Cisco 9K(A)----- Cisco9K(B) ----- 3rd party)
Cisco9K(B) is stitching node. The problem is when i removed 3rd party peer IP address on Cisco9K(B), i got the step as below
- Cisco9K(B) sent 'LDP withdrawal msg' to 3rd party
- 3rd party response by sent 'LDP release msg' to Cisco9K(B)
- 3rd party also sent 'LDP withdrawl msg' to Cisco9K(B)
- No any response from Cisco9K(B). 3rd party stuck in 'wait release' and still keep label
- Put the 3rd party neighbor peer back, Cisco9K(B) sent 'LDP label req' to 3rd party.
- No any response for label mapping from 3rd party device.

With steps above, on Cisco9K(B), the remote label in segment 2 (3rd party) is unknown and then cause Cisco9K(B) unable to assign local label to segment 1 (Cisco9K(A)) as output in attached. T-LDP still be established.

I'd like to understand the l2vpn command 'neighbor all ldp flap' works. In lab testing, it's working to solve interop issue.
I think the command will take effect to T-LDP (reset/flap) only particular PW, but not for other T-LDP sessions on other PWs. Please correct me if i'm wrong. Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: