cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS TE configuration, path protection! Command accepted but obsolete, unreleased or unsupported; see documentation

tchindawill
Level 1
Level 1

I would really appreciate if someone can suggest me something;

When i issue the command " tunnel mpls traffic-eng path-option protect 2 explicit name R3-R1" for tunnel path protection,

the system replies:

% Command accepted but obsolete, unreleased or unsupported; see documentation.

% Not valid in active submode of Label Switching mode

It seems that my IOS version does not support that command! Should i definitively upgrade the IOS?

my platform is actually IOS 12.2 (33) SBR5!

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nagendra Kumar Nainar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

MPLS TE Path protection feature is supported only from 12.2(33)SRC release. You wont be able to see teh CLI in 12.2(33)SRB releases. But for some internal arch reason it will accept the command and throw this error message to warn about the feature support.

You can load 12.2(33)SRC or later release if you are looking for Path protection feature.

-Nagendra

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nagendra Kumar Nainar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

MPLS TE Path protection feature is supported only from 12.2(33)SRC release. You wont be able to see teh CLI in 12.2(33)SRB releases. But for some internal arch reason it will accept the command and throw this error message to warn about the feature support.

You can load 12.2(33)SRC or later release if you are looking for Path protection feature.

-Nagendra

Thank you Nagendra for your reply!

Nagendra,

Thanks for the information dear.

Regards

Thanveer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: