Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast Testing tool for windows

anilrs3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I am looking for a free downloadable MS Windows based multicast testing tool which uses multicast streams from source to the listeners connected across the MPLS service Provider test Lab.

Please help

Thanks in advance,

Anil.

17 Replies 17

. i know it is not a good solution , still i need to check the possibilities to use this. I don't want to use SSM as it need either IGMPv3 or other Cisco stuffs like IGMP v3lite and URD and also i am not familiar with these and don't want to get in to trouble !!

I am not sure when using GRE  with CPE to RP that will work ? as this will form only Shared tree and need to have some way to stop forming SPT. Any idea ?

All the CPEs need static mroute towards the RP , but the issue is RP need multiple ( may be lot) static mroutes to the source. I can't mention defailt static mroute in RP i guess , because any site can source the traffic so muliple static mroute need to be configured with the next-hop as diffrent GRE tunnels to each CPEs !!

Thanks,

Anil.

I know it is a little late for an answer but for anyone that may stumble upon this thread later. Nortel made a tool called multicast hammer (or MC Hammer). It works extremely well for testing multicast. It might be a little hard to find with the state of Nortel but it is worth looking for.

Robert Radford
Level 1
Level 1

In case anyone is still looking for an alternative, the tool below is a standalone app with  sender and receiver that is able to bind individually to different adapters. It supports UDP Unicast and Multicast so Unicast path can be validated for reassurance.

Adjustable TTL, and the ability to set DF bit for VPN MTU testing.

It was built by the guys I work with for RoIP environments and has now been released for free.

https://www.cistechsolutions.com/netspanner

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: