Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy Map on ASR901 and priority queues for QoS

I am continuing to work on a QoS project and having a bit of an issue. Like to see what other people might be doing to overcome this. 

I have seven cos groups and would like to combine groups 6&7 into one class map and then apply that class map to the ONE priority queue in a policy map. Here is an example of the config:

match marking qos-group 6 or 7:

Class Map match-any Q6-7
Match qos-group 7
Match qos-group 6

apply policy to Q6-7 class map:

Policy Map P_MAP
Class Q6-7
priority 10 (%)
Class Q5
bandwidth remaining 40 (%)
Class Q34
bandwidth remaining 25 (%)
Class Q2
bandwidth remaining 20 (%)
Class Q1
bandwidth remaining 5 (%)
Class class-default
bandwidth remaining 1 (%)

However, when I apply the policy map out to the egress interface, I get the error message:

"ASR901(config-if)#service-policy output P_MAP
More than one match qos-group filter in same class-map are not allowed for output service-policy on GigabitEthernet0/0"

I believe I am encountering this issue because I am doing a match-any on the class map Q6-7 and it can match group 6 or group 7. Am I on the right track? I could get around that if there were more than one priority queue, however, there is only one priority queue on the ASR901. 

Should I just use the priority queue for my cos 7 traffic and then use normal queue for cos 6 or is there a better way to do this?

1 Reply 1

Virendra Pratap
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

please try this with priority level 1 instead of priority 10.

also you can use two different class map for separating match .two priority class can be use in LLQ.