aaa authentication enable default group tacacs+ enable

aaa authorization exec default group tacacs+ if-authenticated

aaa authorization commands 15 default group tacacs+ local

aaa accounting exec default start-stop group tacacs+

aaa accounting commands 15 default start-stop group tacacs+

!

tacacs-server host 1.1.1.1

tacacs-server key aabb123

This configuration is running fine on all 12.x IOS versions that I have. The idea is that when TACACS is not available, the authentication banner is displayed. This is confirmed also in the documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/security/command/reference/srfathen.html#wp1052969

The AAA authentication banner message is not displayed if TACACS+ is the first method in the method list.

Now, with the release of 15.x, beside the fact that it's announcing tacacs-server host command to be deprecated, the authentication banner appear all the time, not matter of TACACS reachability.

Anybody has the same issue? Do you know if this functionality, as explained in 12.x IOS, is removed and the banner will appear for all login?

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

bforan
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem, did you ever get this resolved?

Hello,

I did not solve this problem, but apparently this is not a problem as this feature is not supporte anymore in the newer IOS releases.

Cheers,

Calin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: