Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 3.2 authentication with NDS using EAP-TLS

jverkerke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am currently working on ACS 3.2 to authenticate with external Novell NDS. I was able to authenticate it using Cisco supported card and wlan utility. With this set up, this can authtenticate using PEAP-GTC, but not EAP-TLS. I would like to use native Windows XP client wlan utility to use EAP-TLS, but It doesn't work. Is there any issue using NDS to authenticate EAP-TLS? Is there any pathes for windows client to make them work?

It is clearly specified in the documentation that external databse Novell NDS supports EAP-TLS.

Please help...

3 Replies 3

jverkerke
Level 1
Level 1

Additional information from the above question.

I have the following setup;

ACS 3.2(3) built 11 appliance

-Cisco AP1200 wireless access point

-Novell NDS to be used as an external database

-Windows 2003 enterprise with standalone Certificate Authorithy Services Installed

-Windows XP SP2 Client

My Goal is to use Windows XP Native Wlan Utility to connect to AP using EAP-TLS authentication against Novell NDS.

Tried to connect using Cisco compatible wlaN utility and authenticate using EAP-GTC against Novell NDS for for users, it works fine and perfectly.

When connecting using EAP-TLS, I am getting an error from ACS failed attempt "Auth type Not supported by External DB". But in the ACS documentation says that it supports EAP-TLS. How true is this? Is there anybody have the same problem? Do I need to upgrade my ACS? What should I do? What other authentication type could be used to utilize native WinXP Wlan Utility?

Please help...

Thanks

rene.schmid
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

did you have any eap-tls configuration now running with novell ca ??? I have the same problem...

any news???

regards

rene

Premdeep Banga
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Try configuring NDS as LDAP rather than NDS on ACS. (In latest version of ACS, NDS can only be configured as Generic LDAP)

Regards,

Prem