cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.1 AD group enumeration

ttusher01
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup the ACS to authenticate users that are in certain AD groups.

If I go into the ACS cannot seem to enumerate AD groups correctly. Although the AD server shows as connected in the Identity stores (and it tests fine) if you go the the directory groups tab and hit "select" no groups will show up no matter what search string or base you specify. This is seemingly allowing anyone with an AD account to authorize on the switch even though they are not in the specified group.

I also get the following errors showing up in the monitor:

May 5,2010 3:14:26.683 PM
ERROR
AD Operation failure
CSCOacs_Internal_Operations_Diagnostics
AdminInterface=GUI
AdminIPAddress=10.x.x.x
AdminSession=F7434BE137EBD195B586055A58875E3E
AdminName=ACSAdmin
DomainName=DC=mydomain
DC=com
ADOperationResult=No global catalog can be found for domain: mydomain.com

I can assure you that AD isnt broken for other things, and all the DNS underscore zones, etc are all there. No AD servers are down or offline, etc.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If AD is connected to the ACS, but you can’t retrieve the group directories from it and getting "ADOperationResult=No global catalog can be found for domain" found the let me inform you that this is an on-going issue and will be fixed in ACS 5.1 patch 3 that is not yet released. We are expecting the availability of this patch on CCO in the mid of June

CSCtf39158    Can't retrieve AD groups in single forest with multiple trees scenarios

Regds,

JK

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If AD is connected to the ACS, but you can’t retrieve the group directories from it and getting "ADOperationResult=No global catalog can be found for domain" found the let me inform you that this is an on-going issue and will be fixed in ACS 5.1 patch 3 that is not yet released. We are expecting the availability of this patch on CCO in the mid of June

CSCtf39158    Can't retrieve AD groups in single forest with multiple trees scenarios

Regds,

JK

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

This does fit my scenario as far as I can tell - though I am still working with TAC on it. Hopefully patch 3 comes early, as this is a show stopper for our implementation.

Patch 3 fixed this problem

I would appreciaciate if you mark this thread as RESOLVED so that others can take benefit out of it.

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: