cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3 cannot create default network access authorization rule

jordanbusby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, when I click 'Create...' under Access Policies > Default Network Access > Authorization, and then press the 'OK' button, it says 'Please configure at least 1 condition.' However I have no way to configure conditions as the 'Conditions' text is just bold text and not a link or any sort of configurable area. If I go to 'Customize' on the bottom right and add conditions to the right list box, I still have no options when I press Create. Also, the 'green light' next to Default Network Access is grey with a line through it. This is the most cryptic system I have ever used.. anyone have an idea? Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looks like you are using chrome amd it's not a supported browser.

Supported Web Client/Browsers

You can access ACS 5.3 administrative user interface using the following Web Client/Browsers:

•Windows 7 32 bit

•Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2 and 3)

•Windows Vista

•Internet Explorer version 7.x

•Internet Explorer version 8.x

•Internet Explorer version 9.x

•Mozilla Firefox version 3.x

•Mozilla Firefox version 4.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.3/release/notes/acs_53_rn.html#wp222016

Jatin Katyal

- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is happening because your "Default Network Access" is disabled. You need to enable it under Access services.

http://www.my80211.com/storage/image3.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1320789808976

access services and service selection rule

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/user/guide/policy_mod.html#wp1074716

Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

I have what you show in the picture (excluding the 'Lab' entry) but still my default network access is disabled. Where do you explicitly enable it?

You need to create a Service Selection Policy and then map that to a Service.  My Service Selection Policy I created was test and then I added test to the Service... That is how you enable or disable that.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

No cigar.. in your screenshot, in the create dialog, you have a Protocol checkbox under the Conditions label.. in my create dialog, I have nothing under Conditions.. and when I press okay, it says

'Please configure at least 1 condition.'

Can you post a screen shot.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

You have to customize that... on the bottom right there should be a customize button. That is where you add your fields.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

I have added the maximum number of conditions (8) and still I have no options underneath Conditions on the create dialog.

lol, of course I leave the IP in my screenshot. Hopefully there's no exploits... I'll be limiting traffic soon.

Looks like you are using chrome amd it's not a supported browser.

Supported Web Client/Browsers

You can access ACS 5.3 administrative user interface using the following Web Client/Browsers:

•Windows 7 32 bit

•Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2 and 3)

•Windows Vista

•Internet Explorer version 7.x

•Internet Explorer version 8.x

•Internet Explorer version 9.x

•Mozilla Firefox version 3.x

•Mozilla Firefox version 4.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.3/release/notes/acs_53_rn.html#wp222016

Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

Bingo.. thanks a ton Jatin!!

glad we could help you.

Jatin Katyal

~Jatin