Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3 Deleting Migrated_NDGs group

Mel Popple
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been given the task of sorting out an ACS 5.3 server, the devices were all imported from an older 4.x ACS server. All the devices where placed in the 'Migrated_NDGs' group which was created by the migration tool.

Since I have no need for this group is it safe to just delete the group and the devices will remain in ACS?

The only Network Device Groups I really need are the 'Location' and 'Device Type' groups. Sadly I don't have another server to test on and I would hate to delete the group and find out that 700+ devices have also disappeared from ACS!!

Alternatively would it be feasable to export all the device to csv, delete them all from ACS, delete the 'Migrated_NDGs' group and then use the CSV to import the devices back again but minus the 'Migrated_NDGs' group column.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

I just tried this on my server and things worked fine.

If the NDG you are deleting has child nodes nodes you may need to delete these nodes first and when you do this, if there are devices that reference the node you are deleting then they get modified to reference the root node. When finally only the root node is left then can delete the NDG.

Having said that I would recommend doing an export of the network devices before you start as a backup

Would be interested to hear how you got on and that things went smoothly

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

I just tried this on my server and things worked fine.

If the NDG you are deleting has child nodes nodes you may need to delete these nodes first and when you do this, if there are devices that reference the node you are deleting then they get modified to reference the root node. When finally only the root node is left then can delete the NDG.

Having said that I would recommend doing an export of the network devices before you start as a backup

Would be interested to hear how you got on and that things went smoothly

Thanks for the quick response. I will let you know how it goes, probably won't be for a day or two

Mel

jrabinow,

Thanks for the help, it worked well. I had to find where it was referenced in a policy and remove it but after that it work as you suggested

Mel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: