Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.4 CPU utilization

richardh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are currently running ACS 5.4.0.46.0a in a VMWare environement. We have 1 Primary and 1 Secondary running on our ESXi 5.0 cluster at our HQ and 1 secondary running on a standalone ESXi 5.0 at our DR site. All three instances were created at the same time and configure identical. The only difference being the physical box they are running from and that the secondary running on the ESXi cluster is the log collector. We are in the process of migrating from ACS 4.2 and only have 3 systems that authenticate to the new ACS 5.4 servers. Those systems are hardly ever used so there may be only 1 or 2 authenticates a day.

My concern is that the primary is running at around 30% cpu utilization constantly, and the secondaries are running at around 1%. Anyone have any idea why the primary would be running the cpu that high when it should be pretty much idle most of the time? Or, how can I find out what process is running the cpu that high?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Capture.JPG

2 Replies 2

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

That is not normal! We have a server (5.3) that handles too many requests and the primary had CPU utilization almost 2% in worst case during normal operation.

Check if you have high broadcast on your subnet. High boradcast would cause high CPU utilization on the ACS server.

HTH

Amjad

p.s: we use ACS appliance.

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Thanks for the reply.

I am checking network traffic on that subnet. However, the Primary and one of the secondaries are on the same subnet. I would think that if it was a broadcast issue, I would see it on both wouldn't I?

Thanks again. You gave another avenue to look at in order to diagnose this

Richard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: