cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.4 Group and User Setup

KEITH BEAUL
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a Cisco ACS 3415 appliance with 5.4. Coming from the ACS 4.2 world, I'm have a bit of a struggle creating the following and I was hoping if I could be shown clear steps I can duplicate the rest.

I want to creat a group ie: AIRTEMP with access time from 7:00am to 5:00pm and add 2 users to the group.

Users access our site using a vpn client connectiing to a ASA5550. The ASA and the ACS already compunicate with each other so I don't need help there.

The ACS 5.4 user guide has me bouncing all over different pages and is somewhat confusing.

I would perfer step by step assistance if possible.

Thank you.

Keith

5 Replies 5

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you already tried this:

Go to the customise tab and select time and date option so that it start appearing in the authorization rule.

In the authorization profile you need to select the appropriate profile that you need to create under policy-elements

Jatin Katyal
- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

Hi Jatin;

Thank you for your response.

I have gone to Policy Elements> Session Condtions> Date and Time>

I Created Name: VBH with Description: Vendor Business Hours with the days Monday to Friday from 7:00am to 5:00pm

VBH now appears in Access Policies> Default Network Access> Authorization (Create) Date and Time when selected.

I appreciate your patients and assistance,

Keith

did you test that?

Hope it answers your questions.

Jatin Katyal
- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

The date and time was just one piece of the puzzle.

I have an Identity Group called: AIRTEMP (sub group to All Groups)

I have a Date and Time called: VRB

Internal Identity Store> Users: beaulk

I just need to see how to bring this all together.

The ACS is also configured with AD for external users and that funtion is working

thanks

Hi Keith,

You can go to the customize tab again and you will find the option for identity groups and system username for user name.

Regards

Minakshi