Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.6 to ISE 3.0 Migration

Hi Team,

We are planning for migrating   ACS to Cisco ISE. We have planned to perform the migration using the Migration Tool. I just need a confirmation regarding below points:

1. Is any downtime required for the migration to take place , that is when we are exporting the configuration from ACS using migration tool will ACS still accessible to network devices and vpn clients ?

2. Before importing the configuration to ISE, what licenses needs to be installed on ISE.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Is any downtime required for the migration to take place , that is when we are exporting the configuration from ACS using migration tool will ACS still accessible to network devices and vpn clients ?

- i do not think you need any downtime part of migration, but you need maintenance window for cut over from ACS to ISE.

2. Before importing the configuration to ISE, what licenses needs to be installed on ISE.

- depends on what feature you looking to use on ISE (but ISE come with Trail License to use)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

- i do not think you need any downtime part of migration, but you need maintenance window for cut over from ACS to ISE.

- depends on what feature you looking to use on ISE (but ISE come with Trail License to use)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: