Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.8 compatible with WLC9800 and C9200L

as00001111
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

is acs 5.8 compatible with WLC9800 and C9200L for dot1x and mab?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

MY wireless colleague tells me the WLC 9800 is NOT compatible with ACS. For that reason we recently setup ISE for a customer migrating to the new WLC. ISE worked fine for both RADIUS (end users' wireless authentications) and TACACS (Admins logging into the WLC GUI).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Yes it's perfect for the job if all you're doing is standard RADIUS and TACACS+ - those Catalyst switches run IOS-XE and you can use any RADIUS/TACACS+ server for NAC/AAA - nothing proprietary going on here ;-)

If you are planning to do TrustSec then I think you should be looking at ISE instead.

Has anyone used Cisco ACS  TACACS with the Catalyst 9800 WLC ? Having issues with device not recognizing all the menu options even with priv 15 access set up , all we are seeing is the Dashboard and Monitor. Using code 17.3.3  AireOS WLCs are working fine with Cisco ACS. Not the 9800. 

MY wireless colleague tells me the WLC 9800 is NOT compatible with ACS. For that reason we recently setup ISE for a customer migrating to the new WLC. ISE worked fine for both RADIUS (end users' wireless authentications) and TACACS (Admins logging into the WLC GUI).

Thanks sir . This helps us.