Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS dictionary file

Kashish_Patel
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Security Experts,

I have a requirement to add a third-party box (niksun appliance used for sniffing packets) as a radius client in ACS 4.2.

I have gone through the configuration guide of niksun to see how it should be done.

As per their documentation, I have to create a file on the ACS server ( our ACS is installed in a windows 2003 server) and this file should include Niksun Vendor ID. Then I have to include this file in ACS dictionary file.

Could you give me an example of how this is done on ACS 4.2? FYI our ACS is installed in a windows 2003 server.

PS : I rate useful posts.

Thanks,

Kashish

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

maldehne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well Well

You are talking about defining custom radius vendor on ACS.

This can be done using RDBMS synchronization feature , by having account actions.csv file built based on the dictionary defintion of the third party vendor and importing it back to ACS.

Check the following link for further info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.2/user/guide/A_RDBMS.html#wp148322

the following actiond codes should be the core for achieving your task:

350 ADD_UDV

352 ADD_VSA

353 SET_VSA_PROFILE

354 ADD_VSA_ENUM

355 ADOPT_NEW_UDV_OR_VSA

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure to rate correct answer

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kashish_Patel
Level 2
Level 2

Can some security expert help me out here?

maldehne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well Well

You are talking about defining custom radius vendor on ACS.

This can be done using RDBMS synchronization feature , by having account actions.csv file built based on the dictionary defintion of the third party vendor and importing it back to ACS.

Check the following link for further info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.2/user/guide/A_RDBMS.html#wp148322

the following actiond codes should be the core for achieving your task:

350 ADD_UDV

352 ADD_VSA

353 SET_VSA_PROFILE

354 ADD_VSA_ENUM

355 ADOPT_NEW_UDV_OR_VSA

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure to rate correct answer

Thanks maldehne.

On further reading, I found that same thing can be done using csutil. I used csutil and was able to add custom radius vendor. But I am sure RDBMS would also have worked.

Thanks,

Kashish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: