Views
Helpful
Replies

Acs server Authentication

Amol Patil
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing problem authetication of pix through ACS

i am running ACS version 4.0 and pix version is Cisco PIX Security Appliance Software Version 7.0(7) ,Device Manager Version 5.0(7)

while login to pix it giving internal error in ACS .

i have run debug and test command in test command it showing INFO: Authentication Successful.

and in debug output it giving belwo logs :

Received response from username , session id 2147496237

Making authentication request to server X>X>X>X, user username , session id: 2147496237

Processing challenge for user username, session id: 2147496237, challenge: Password:

Received response from username, session id 2147496237 Received response from username, session id 2147496237
Making authentication request to server X>X>X>X, user username, session id: 2147496237
Processing challenge for user username, session id: 2147496237, challenge: Password:
Received response from username, session id 2147496237

5 Replies 5

Fabio Francisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Amol,

Is ACS authenticating users using a local database or external database?

I have come accross this issue once when trying to authenticate via external database...

If it's external easy try to create a local user in ACS and see if it authenticates...

If it's internal make sure that you have not changed your ACS settings either for the user or for the group... I would also check the aaa settings in PIX and make sure that it alligns with the settings of your other devices or your back up config...

HTH

Cheers,

Fabio

Hi ,

Actually this is external users .

but while trying to access the PIX facing the issue .

after 0ne-two attepmts i am able to login with same username and password ,

even though if i restart the services of ACS it will works fine .

is there any bug or vulenbirity which was hitting on ACS or pix .

can you help me in this .

CSCsj13797   bug in pix ( but i have only single ACS server )

can help me out in this any help really appriciate .

Regards ,

Amol

Fabio Francisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hey mate you are running ACS 4.0 right? perhaps patching your ACS would fix your problem.

As far as I know you are eligible to upgrade your ACS to 4.2 build 15.

have a chat with Cisco TAC and see what versions you have available for upgrade....

Good luck..

Cheers,

Fabio

HI Fabio ,

Thanks for help ..

so do you think their may be issue with ACS 4.0 version .

this 4.0 version having any specific bug so that it will very easy for serch lot but did not got .

any help appricaited

Regards ,

Amol

Hi Amol,

Yes, I would definately give that a shot.  I am running ACS Release 4.2(1) Build 15 Patch 4 and I would reccomend you to update your ACS to this one which is the latest release for ACS 4...

If you are running ACS on virtual infrastructure I would also take a snapshot before patching it.

Sorry for my late reply...

HTH

Cheers,

Fabio