Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS5.1 migrate to ISE2.1

Tony.Ji01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, I am planning to migrate one ACS5.1 to ISE2.1

Seem the most straightforward way is to upgrade the ACS from 5.1 ~ 5.3 ~ 5.5 and then use migration tools to do rest of the job.

Just curious, is it necessary to install the latest path and then upgrade the ACS?

Many thanks,

Tony Ji

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Neno, just tried in the production environment. Seems deploying patch before upgrading is not necessary....

Regards,

Tony Ji

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tony-

Yes, you need to install the latest 5.1 patch before proceeding with the installation of 5.2. For more info about this and general information you can reference the release notes below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-2/release/notes/acs_52_rn.html#wp71319

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Hey Neno, just tried in the production environment. Seems deploying patch before upgrading is not necessary....

Regards,

Tony Ji

Good to know Tony! Thanks for updating the thread with the solution! The last time I had worked with ACS 5.1 was 6+ years ago :) And I was simply going off what the release notes were stating:

Step 2 Install ACS 5.1 using the recovery DVD.

Step 3 Install the latest ACS 5.1 patch available on Cisco.com.

But, I am guessing that is what Cisco tested and confirmed as valid when doing and documenting the upgrade.

Thank you for rating helpful posts!