Helpful
Replies

Alarms: Smart Licensing Id Certificate Renewal Failure

sinady
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

I'm facing issue with alarm "Smart Licensing Id Certificate Renewal Failure"

it alert everyday. but when i click on details to see the licensing method and Cisco Smart Licensing is currently in use.

Description
Registration renewal for Smart Licensing with Cisco Smart Software Manager failed.
Suggested Actions
Refer to the ISE License Administration page to manually Renew Registration for Smart Licensing. Contact your Cisco partner if the issue persists.

Note: currently i using ISE 2.7 patch 3. I tired to manually by using the Refresh button as instruction from Cisco, but it issue still persists.

Really appreciated if anyone could help and advise on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @daroth855 ,

please take a look at the same post at: Smart Licensing Authorization Renew Failure.

Hope this helps !!!

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

daroth855
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. It seems like the same issue to me. Could any body face the same issue?

Hi @daroth855 ,

please take a look at the same post at: Smart Licensing Authorization Renew Failure.

Hope this helps !!!

jvujcich
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm running ISE 3.1 p5

Niether the "Renew Registration" nor the "refresh" options worked for me.

Instead, I had to create a new token (in our Smart Software Licensing portal) and paste this into the ISE Licensing page:

On the ISE PAN, Navigate to Administration > System > Licensing. Expand the Registration Details option, paste the new token from above. Hit the "Update" button and wait a moment.

No service outage was required to do this.

I'm running ISE 3.2 p2 and SSM-on-Prem 8-202304 for licensing.

The update option with a new token doesn't work for me.
Registration is fine but not authorization.
The used licenses are still in compliance state "Evaluation"

I've opened a TAC case and wait for their findings.

Did you get a solution from TAC regarding this? I'm facing exactly the same symptoms as you, our registration is fine but authorization isn't, and licensing is showing as Evaluation. Tried the re-registration option, and tried a new token from our SSM-on-prem but neither made a difference 

Running ISE 3.1 p7 and SSM-on-Prem 8-202304

The case is still open.
Cisco assumed wrong data in DB and deleted something. But after reboot the application stuck in restart.
Either the database was corrupted by the deletions or it was already corrupt before.
In any case, we had to make the Secondary Node to Primary Node and then rebuild the broken node.
Since I had vacation after that, we haven't done anything further yet.
Furthermore we have a new problem because I always get queue link error messages...

What a pain! 

I too have a TAC case open, so will see what they come back with. Will postt here if we manage to get a solution with them

Matthias
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here 3.2 Patch 3.

Any news from the other open cases here ?

HOLGER HAHN
Level 1
Level 1

The problem has now been solved for me.
The TAC Engineer removed some things from the database and then it worked.
For all those who also have the problem and open a case, you can refer to mine: 696002598
The engineer was Dmitry Demin.

jsteffensen
Level 1
Level 1

Running ISE 3.1 we were able to solve it:
- we deregistered ise from licenseserver
- reloaded the admin node
- and then registered again.

That resolved it (deregister and register with an reboot in between)