Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect NAM + ISE Posture + VPN upgrade

matthias.motte
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I try to upgrade with Kace K1000 Anyconnect from 4.7 to 4.9. modules VPN + NAM + ISE Posture

We use this script :

rem # Install 3 packages

msiexec /package anyconnect-win-4.9.05042-core-vpn-predeploy-k9.msi /norestart /passive PRE_DEPLOY_DISABLE_VPN=0 /lvx* anyconnect-win-4.9.05042-core-vpn-predeploy-k9-install-1.log
msiexec /package anyconnect-win-4.9.05042-nam-predeploy-k9.msi /norestart /passive /lvx* anyconnect-win-4.9.05042-nam-predeploy-k9-install-1.log
msiexec /package anyconnect-win-4.9.05042-iseposture-predeploy-k9.msi /norestart /passive /lvx* anyconnect-win-4.9.05042-iseposture-predeploy-k9-install-1.log

rem # Reboot
shutdown /r /f /t 120 /d P:04:02

Installation is success on many computer but failed for other. We have from one of them NAM connection failed with certificate error.

%NAM-3-ERROR_MSG: %[tid=3948]: Server certificate chain invalid

The configuration is the same from v4.7 to v4.9

The certificat store is the same before and after

No change in ISE / Wireless Controler configuration.

The only error that I could link to upgrade is see in DART : anyconnect-nam-win-4.7.4056-k9-driver-64371912021.log

07:43:07.040: Uninstall CSCO_acnamfd
07:43:07.072: INetCfgClassSetup DeInstall failed; error 303139 (0x0004a023)
07:43:07.072: Error while uninstalling nam filter driver 303139 (0x0004a023)
07:43:07.088: Uninstall failed with status 0x0004A023 -- NETCFG_S_STILL_REFERENCED
07:43:07.088: acnaminstfd returned (4A023)

What we do not : uninstall before upgrade. Wait between upgrade of each modules.

Do I miss something on deployment process ?

If you have same issue how did you workaround or what is the good process step by step of a recommended upgrade by an enterprise software management system (SMS).

Thanks all.

2 Replies 2

Hi,

I had something similar before (not due to certs but more driver errors). I
don't think there is a specific procedure for upgrade other than starting
with the core module. All the failures were related to the NAM module due
to different versions of network drivers. Ensure that the users are having
solid connectivity to the server. If you can upgrade the drivers before
starting this will be good to eliminate known bugs.

To restore the services, you need to uninstall AnyConnect all modules and
start with new installation. Such failures corrupted other modules and
reinstalling NAM only didn't work for some clients.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

Hi Baqari,

I also need to upgrade NAM/Anyconnect/Compliance module in existing environment. Anyconnect not in used for VPN as its only used for local wired/wireless users Network Access and Posturing.

1- what should be best approach for this upgradation (I mean is there any specific order which I need to follow or I can go randomly)

2- should i upgrade via Client Provisioning policy (I mean create new CPP for Test AD group and under this new test Anyconnect configuration profile I'll call new NAM profile/new Compliance module/new AC package ? )

3- or do you think I can upgrade compliance module at any specific time but Anyconnect and NAM profile has to be upgraded simultaneously ?

4- or all can be upgrade by SCCM at same time?

this will be very helpful 

Thanks