Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone happy with Cisco TAC support?

TAC support has gotten really bad for the past few years.  I've many cases opened and it just drags on for months without any resolutions.  The TAC engineers are not very responsive.  For example, I opened a TAC case on 06/24 for an issue.  I got a response back on the same day, provided the engineer everything he requested.  I haven't heard from him since.  The SE support the account is any better, completely clueless.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

34 Replies 34

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

I had some good experiences with a few TAC cases in the last few months - timely responses, follow-ups, webex calls, the whole nine yards.

Like others mentioned before - if you are not happy with the way your TAC case is progressing, re-queue the case. Always have the supervisor in CC. If things are still not moving the way they should, speak to the TAC Duty Manager.

Don't rely only on mail - use the phone!

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

drtruman
Level 1
Level 1

I agree completely with the OP.  I have seen this very, same, thing, across multiple support cases and multiple engineers.

I have a case right now that I opened recently.  Although I had already uploaded show tech files when I opened the case, the engineer requested the same from me on Monday, as well as my availability for a Webex troubleshooting session this week.  I provided some windows for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  It is now Friday, and there has been no updates to my case whatsoever from the engineer.  What is the point of asking for 'this week's availability' if the engineer disappears off the face of thea earth and does not reply?

I have another case that has been open for 3 weeks, and truthfully, NOTHING has been done to resolve it or move it forward.  I have sent in multiple troubleshooting findings, scenarios, outputs and packet captures to help TAC diagnose the issue.  So far, nothing.  After a week of no replies from the engineer, we usually end up escalating it to Sev 2, which gets a brand new engineer assigned who knows nothing about the case.  They join a call, do some initial steps, then after that initial first day-- they disappear again.  We have had to re-escalate this case twice already.

When I open a TAC case with Palo Alto, Extreme Networks, Arista-- the response is immediate and CONTINUOUS until the case is resolved.  With Cisco TAC anymore, the engineers just strong you along with these phantom check-ins they have no intention of responding to, and provide NOTHING resembling support.

Each TAC Case will have the contact details of the TAC Agent's manager.  

Escalate the case with the manager and see if there are any improvements.  It would also help to "CC" in the Cisco AM/SE/PSS.

Finally, at the conclusion of the case there will be a survey.  Fill it properly and be mindful of the score:  

• 9 and 10 are "accepted" scores.  TAC agent and management will smile with this score. 
  • 7 and 8 are "yellow" flags.  TAC management won't like it. 
  • 5 and 6 are "red" flags.  
  • 4 and below means question(s) get asked.  

If the general score is 4 and below, a second survey (exactly the same as the first one) is re-sent just to make sure the first survey response was not done in "error".  Any score 6 and below may get a call from the TAC manager.  

@Leo Laohoo:  giving them bad score in the survey will not solve any issues.  Yes, you get a call from the TAC manager apologized for all the troubles and nothing is improved next time around.  It is all lip service.

@adamscottmaster2013 wrote:
giving them bad score in the survey will not solve any issues.

Provided there are evidence to show the TAC agent is playing games, bad survey scores will solve issues.  

That is all I am going to say.