Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Applying Patch 3 to ISE 3.2 - 2 nodes via CLI

I plan to apply patch 3 to our 2 nodes ISE 3.2 via CLI

Do I need to apply the patch to each node manually or will the patch be applied to the second node once the first node has been successful.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Using the CLI you always have a 'manual sequence' ; and do each node yourself ; which is recommended . 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

If you patch via the GUI, then the Primary Admin Node is done first, followed by a non-stop sequence that you can't pre-determine yourself. As long as the patching was successful, the patching continues to the next node. Manual patching gives you complete control over the sequence. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Using the CLI you always have a 'manual sequence' ; and do each node yourself ; which is recommended . 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

If you patch via the GUI, then the Primary Admin Node is done first, followed by a non-stop sequence that you can't pre-determine yourself. As long as the patching was successful, the patching continues to the next node. Manual patching gives you complete control over the sequence.