cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Attribute 146 _Tunnel-group name in policy condition on NPS Windows Radius server_Anyconnect VPN

NDP
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you all for your wonderful support

ASA has couple of tunnel-groups as below

(1) Admin VPN - full tunnel

(2) Admin-Split - Split Tunnel 

(3) VPN for all associates

configured aaa-server group with radius protocol

I see that Cisco ASA is sending attribute 146(tunnel-group name) to Radius server while requesting for authentication and authorization.

is there anyway Network Policy server ( windows Radius) can consider this as another condition along with group-membership validation. 

if someone has come across this kind of requirement, Please advise me.Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I had a quick check (using Server 2008 R2 and 2012), I don't think is possible using NPS, as there does not appear to be an option to match on a vendor specific avp during the authentication phase. It's certainly possible using ISE.

NPS does allow you to send a vendor specific avp to the client during authorisation. Potentially you could just define 1 tunnel-group and then as part of authorisation send a different group-policy, which specifies the split-tunnel, dns, address pool configuration for the 3 different types of users.

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

I had a quick check (using Server 2008 R2 and 2012), I don't think is possible using NPS, as there does not appear to be an option to match on a vendor specific avp during the authentication phase. It's certainly possible using ISE.

NPS does allow you to send a vendor specific avp to the client during authorisation. Potentially you could just define 1 tunnel-group and then as part of authorisation send a different group-policy, which specifies the split-tunnel, dns, address pool configuration for the 3 different types of users.

HTH

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your time

"Potentially you could just define 1 tunnel-group and then as part of authorisation send a different group-policy, which specifies the split-tunnel, dns, address pool configuration for the 3 different types of users"  -- This worked. NSP has sent an attribute ( 25- class ) which is telling ASA to provide user with group-policy. 

But, the main problem, when user is part of multiple groups to get required group-policy, NPS is always validating against only first match authentication. Based on your input, It is not possible. Thank you :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: