Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatic Posture Browser Redirect not working on all browsers

laurathaqi
Level 3
Level 3

Dear community,

I have ISE posture with AnyConnect, via Redirect URL to Browser Client Provisioning Portal. 

I have tested with IE, Chrome and Firefox. However there are times am facing the following issues. 

Use case 1: In some hosts, if the Browser is not opened manually, The posture process does not initiate the automatic open of the browser, in order to do the redirect, This, leaving the host in an unknown state of posture. However, if manual open, it does do the redirect portal to CPP.  

Use case 2: In some hosts, the Browser opens itself automatically and the redirect happens, however, with around 2 min delay to open CPP. 

The aim is, for the default browser to open automatically and redirect automatically to CPP. 

Do you have any idea, why the same configuration applied to all hosts, some hosts do the automatic browser open/redirect(with delay) and in some, the process is not triggered at all!?

Thank you,

Laura

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi @laurathaqi 

Did you find any solution since you posted here? I would suspect that DNS resolution might have some part to play. I was faced recently with a guest portal not automatically appearing (browser was not launching after the switch imposed URL redirection) and the problem was that the DNS resolution was not responding to the PC's request for Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI) - e.g. http://www.msftncsi.com/ncsi.txt  - if the DNS lookup for www.msftncsi.com fails, then the browser is not going to pop up.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi @laurathaqi 

Did you find any solution since you posted here? I would suspect that DNS resolution might have some part to play. I was faced recently with a guest portal not automatically appearing (browser was not launching after the switch imposed URL redirection) and the problem was that the DNS resolution was not responding to the PC's request for Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI) - e.g. http://www.msftncsi.com/ncsi.txt  - if the DNS lookup for www.msftncsi.com fails, then the browser is not going to pop up.

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

CPP portal in browser should be a rare necessity, only for first-time use when the client has no posture module installed.

Hi @Peter Koltl 

I totally agree. 

Best wishes, 

Laura