cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AWS and ISE and upgrades

charliey_2000
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to see if I could get some feedback about running ISE in AWS.   Saw the known limitations in AWS but the line below was not clear to me. Does this mean you can not patch or upgrade the ISE in AWS?  So you would have to stand up new servers and restore each time?

Cisco ISE upgrade workflow is not available in Cisco ISE on AWS. Only fresh installs are supported. However, you can carry out backup and restore of configuration data. When you restore the data in a Cisco ISE AWS instance, the data is upgraded to the Cisco ISE Release 3.1 version.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The ISE upgrade workflow does not apply to patches; only upgrades to new major software versions (ISE 3.1 -> 3.2, for example). To perform these future upgrades for ISE in AWS, you will need to use the Backup/Restore method described in the ISE 3.1 Upgrade Journey rather than a direct upgrade.

Patches would be applied using the same method as on-prem ISE clusters.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have not deployed on AWS, Msot of our deployment in prem with appliance. :

suggest to look release notes and limitations : (Known Limitations for Using Cisco ISE in AWS)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/3-1/install_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide31/m_ISEaaS.html#concept_rgp_2h3_v4b

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The ISE upgrade workflow does not apply to patches; only upgrades to new major software versions (ISE 3.1 -> 3.2, for example). To perform these future upgrades for ISE in AWS, you will need to use the Backup/Restore method described in the ISE 3.1 Upgrade Journey rather than a direct upgrade.

Patches would be applied using the same method as on-prem ISE clusters.