cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can ISE support the following list of ISR's?

Louis Moreno
Level 1
Level 1

ISE Compatability Matrix has the following for being the only ISR's that ISE will support

I have in my environment the following:

1921/k9s

26xx's

28xx's

Can someone please confirm as to whether or not I will have to replace these in order for me to be able to implement ISE?

Thank you in advance,

Louis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Louis,

The 1900 Series routers are listed in the matrix.  The 2600 and 2800 Series routers are EoL which is why they are not listed in the matrix.  The matrix would be enormous if we listed every possible device.  Jason's reply does answer the question in that if you are doing RADIUS based authentication and your devices supports it then ISE can interoperate with them.  Given how old the 26/2800s are, you would need to check the documentation for the code they are running if they support RADIUS CoA and URL-redirect for the advanced use cases.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is in the doc

Supported Network Access Devices

Cisco ISE supports interoperability with any Cisco or non-Cisco RADIUS client network access device (NAD) that implements common RADIUS behavior (similar to Cisco IOS 12.x) for standards-based authentication. For a list of supported authentication methods, see the “Manage Authentication Policies” chapter of the Cisco Identity Services Engine Admin Guide, Release 2.0.

Louis Moreno
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question Jason.

I've looked at the document and that is where i extracted the screenshot i posted in my question.

My question is still the same. Does ISE support the following ISR models?

1921/k9s

26xx's

28xx's

Louis,

The 1900 Series routers are listed in the matrix.  The 2600 and 2800 Series routers are EoL which is why they are not listed in the matrix.  The matrix would be enormous if we listed every possible device.  Jason's reply does answer the question in that if you are doing RADIUS based authentication and your devices supports it then ISE can interoperate with them.  Given how old the 26/2800s are, you would need to check the documentation for the code they are running if they support RADIUS CoA and URL-redirect for the advanced use cases.

Regards,

-Tim

Louis Moreno
Level 1
Level 1

Gents --

Have you done any testing with 2600s and 2800s to be used with RADIUS?

If so, can you provide me with some feedback, gotchas or especial things to watch out for?

Thanks in advance,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: