cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't install cumulative patch 3 on acs 5.2.0.26

tstrom
Level 1
Level 1

I have two ACS servers I'm trying to install cumulative patch 3 onto.  One of them worked like a champ.  The other one keeps giving me the following error:

hostname# acs patch install 5-2-0-26-3.tar.gpg repository CINMONITOR2
Failed to copy file '5-2-0-26-3.tar.gpg' from repository CINMONITOR2
(Error -306)

% Error: patch install 5-2-0-26-3.tar.gpg from repository CINMONITOR2 - transfer failed (code 1)

But a show repository indicates everything is configured correctly:

hostname# show repository CINMONITOR2
5-2-0-26-3.tar.gpg

I've tried using SFTP, FTP, TFTP, and I've also tried copying to the local disk of the ACS server.  I also tried deleting the current patch file and copying it down again.  Nothing has worked so far.

Any suggestions of what to try next?

I'm running the ACS VM appliance.

Appreciate any ideas.

3 Replies 3

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

Just use FTP. You can try the following

1. delete the current repository CINMONITOR2, and reconfigure a new one with different name.

2. If step 1 does not work, configure a new repository with a different FTP server.

sgrohman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @ll,

I think I am facing the exact same Issue....

ACS 5.2 in a VM trying to patch to 5-2-0-26-7

acs# sh repository TRANSFER

5-2-0-26-7.tar.gpg

acs# acs patch install 5-2-0-26-7.tar.gpg repository TRANSFER

Failed to copy file '5-2-0-26-7.tar.gpg' from repository TRANSFER

(Error -306)

% Error: patch install 5-2-0-26-7.tar.gpg from repository TRANSFER - transfer failed (code 1)

As I can browse the Repo as well as pinging the servers - I am kinda startled about why its not working..

Any Ideas?

Regards

Patch 7 is newly released. Have checked that patch file can be download from CCO and installed OK

Which repository type are you using? recommend to not use tftp and use ftp instead