Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we convert ISE OVA or ISO download file to VMDK

umahar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

According to the ISE guide OVA template is not supported from ESXI web GUI.

Is converting OVA file to a VMDK file also a supported method ?

Installing via VMDK file was working fine.

But after applying patch 6 on 2.4 ISE seems to be throwing issues with resource utilization.

Even though there were enough resources on the vmware it seems ISE did not identify them 

Cisco document mentions of using OVF Vmware tool which is what I am proposing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Installation via OVA and ISO are what we have tested.  If VMware has a tool to convert either to VMDK, you would need to test the installation in a lab environment and also ensure that resource reservations are set for the VM.  During installation, ISE checks for the necessary compute resources it needs, (CPU, Mem, I/O, etc).  If it doesn't have the minimum requirements needed, the installation will not proceed because it will fail.  You will then need to install the ISE VM on a host that meets the compute requirements.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Installation via OVA and ISO are what we have tested.  If VMware has a tool to convert either to VMDK, you would need to test the installation in a lab environment and also ensure that resource reservations are set for the VM.  During installation, ISE checks for the necessary compute resources it needs, (CPU, Mem, I/O, etc).  If it doesn't have the minimum requirements needed, the installation will not proceed because it will fail.  You will then need to install the ISE VM on a host that meets the compute requirements.

Regards,

-Tim

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

@umahar  - if it's ISE 2.4 you're after then you're in luck - you look closely in the ISE 2.4 Cisco Software downloads section, the OVA is now compatible with vCenter 6.x - it was added late last year.

OVA.PNG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: