Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot change password on next login: ISE Sponsor portal

Hi,

I have create an account for sponsor, when I check on "Change password on next login" and then go to login at Sponsor Portal.

ISE said "User must change password, Please contact Administrator".

Can't we allow the created users to change password by themselves immediately after the accounts were created ?

Thanks,

Pongsatorn Maneesud

7 Replies 7

Adrian Lazar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are having the exact same problem, all sponsor accounts created with "Change password on next login" option receive the "User must change password, Please contact Administrator" message after first login.

This seems like a bug...any input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adrian

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You have the option to allow guests to change password in the portal settings?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi,

For password change on the guest, it works. but the password change for the sponsor it cannot.

I test on ISE and found many bugs. hope that the new release of ISE will come out soon.

Pongsatorn M.

Just out of curiosity, why not map the sponsor accounts to groups in Active Directory? It will allow the sponsors not have to remember different passwords?

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Active Directory is the one that already mapped. But from the user sees on the ISE menu it should as it show, right ?

I think this is a bug. How can I send any feedbacks to Cisco ?

Thanks,

Pongsatorn M.

You can not change the sponsor AD password through the sponsor portal that is not supported. You can only change password for dot1x users with peap, and you have to have the allow users to change password option enabled in ISE.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Reyad Safi
Level 1
Level 1

hello Experts...

i'm facing a similar problem with our ISE.

i use the ISE to authenticate Wireless Users and VPN Users.

when i enable the ( Change password on next login  ) for WIFI users , the pop up screen shows to the user to enter new Password and every thing fine , BUT for the VPN users , we are using cisco VPN client , when i enable the ( Change password on next login ) , then the authentication not completed , and keep requesting the password , and no prompt to enter the new passwords shows...

any  suggestions please

Reyad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: