cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

change database admin/user password

Kashish_Patel
Level 2
Level 2

Is there a way to change database admin/user password once ISE nodes are deployed and reconfiguration from scratch is not an option? Will I have to change database user/admin passwords on all nodes one by one OR can I change it on primary node and let it sync across all other boxes?

3 Replies 3

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE uses two database accounts. One is the admin account, and the second is the user account. You can reset them from the standard ISE CLI with the following commands

# application reset-passwd ise internal-database-admin

# application reset-passwd ise internal-database-user

application reset-passwd

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1/cli_ref_guide/ise_cli_app_a.html#wp2259980

Note If you reset the internal database user password, Cisco ISE prompts you to restart the application. The internal database user password is reset after you restart the Cisco ISE application.

I don't think that these passwords can be replicated because whenever you add a new node, you should know the password.

Jatin Katyal
- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

Hi Kashish,

Did that help you out.

Jatin Katyal

- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Typically, you need to specify the Cisco ISE database administrator and user  passwords only once, and only during initial configuration or upgrade. If it is  necessary to change either of these passwords later, you can use the application  reset-passwd command line function for this purpose

Examples

Example  1

ise/admin# application reset-passwd ise admin

Enter new password:  ******

Confirm new password: ******

Password reset  successfully.

ise/admin#

Example 2

ise/admin# application reset-passwd  ise internal-database-admin

Enter new database admin password:  ***********

Confirm new database admin password: ***********

Password  reset successfully.