Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisci ISE and forescout in same network

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears

I would like to use the ISE for the tacacs and guest network and forescout for the rest of the services, can i add both of them in the switches and routers, how things will work in this case the authentication will work with ISE and the dot1x and other features will work with forescout,  is this type of setup will work? and how, 

The different between ISE and forescout is ISE works before the machine/windows gets the IP address and the forescout works post machine/windows come's up.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may configure TACACS+Device Administration AAA servers separate from RADIUS AAA servers in Cisco IOS. "forescout for the rest of the services" is not very specific but it will likely involve making one of your AAA server deployments (ISE or Forescout) a RADIUS proxy for the specific services they are handling.

> The different between ISE and forescout is ISE works before the machine/windows gets the IP address and the forescout works post machine/windows come's up.

That is not 802.1X + RADIUS with ForeScout - that is the SNMP Authentication VLAN method.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I would like to use the ISE for the tacacs and guest network

yes this possible based on the configuration you doing for device admin and SSID configuration for Guest you can point to ISE

Other part you mentioned -  forescout for the rest of the services,  - this was not clear - is this for 802.1x  for Wire and Wireless ?

if you using 802.1x  for Wired connection then that will be difficult  i guess my views.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Dear balaji

the rest services are :

• DOt.1x
  • profiling
  • posture
  • BYOD
  • Rapid threat containment

Thanks

Never tried it with different vendors - look at below example may help you  and may meet your requirements :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/ewc/17-2/config-guide/ewc_cg_17_2/authentication_and_authorization_between_multiple_radius_servers.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may configure TACACS+Device Administration AAA servers separate from RADIUS AAA servers in Cisco IOS. "forescout for the rest of the services" is not very specific but it will likely involve making one of your AAA server deployments (ISE or Forescout) a RADIUS proxy for the specific services they are handling.

> The different between ISE and forescout is ISE works before the machine/windows gets the IP address and the forescout works post machine/windows come's up.

That is not 802.1X + RADIUS with ForeScout - that is the SNMP Authentication VLAN method.