cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.2 patch 4 and Meraki Guest - apple mini browser closes abruptly

foozed
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying to figure out a strange behavior with our setup for guest.

I have left captive portal enabled via meraki by not entering in captive.apple.com or 17.0.0.0 etc in the walled garden section as I purposefully want the automatic mini browser to popup for guest authentication.

When a client connects to the wlan, the ipad/iphone will 50% of the time close immediately... only to then reconnect to the guest wlan again and pop up the mini browser long enough to allow someone to register as a guest, or login with credentials.

Upon success 100% of the time the mini browser closes abruptly, never showing the auth success page longer than 1/2 second and disconnects from the wlan.

The client then reconnects but is authenticated so then works as intended.

I would like to have consistency with the initial connection, and success page being displayed.

Anyone know how to manipulate this?

6 Replies 6

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are no settings on ISE to manipulate the timing per say

did you open a support case?

I just opened a new case to go over this.

Last month there was finger pointing at Meraki or apple.. but I’ve seen enough of these portal’s working elsewhere that I expect it can work unless there’s a gap between Meraki and ISE that won’t allow for it.

i don't know why you're marking your answer as correct when you didn't answer the purpose of the post, which is to figure out why the captive portal is closing abruptly.

Saying there are no settings to alter timing within ISE does not answer the question.

Please work through the tac and troubleshoot to see where the problem lies

Tac case opened last wednesday (11/1/17) - cisco ignoring me so far so I am requesting escalation.

Thanks for the update, the Community is not a place of escalation

Make sure you escalate through tac duty manager