cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.7.0.356 patch 7 not showing external radius servers

Chris.Mes
Level 1
Level 1

We've installed new ISE 2.7.0.356 patch 7 on Hyper-V.
The backups are from old hardware ISE installed from external support (professionell).
But now we do not see external radius servers ("no data available"), even if we add a new one.
But we can see and choose them under "Radius server sequences", also the new added which is not shown under "external radius server".
It seems there is a race between Cisco and Palo Alto who can produce more bugs.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvv67051 

At first glance , that should be fixed in your Release , contact TAC for explanations.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

andrewswanson
Level 7
Level 7

I Have the same issue (same ISE version). Contacted our cisco support partner who opened a TAC case (mid june 2022). I've got a note of the bug CSCwb04566 being mentioned but this seems to be applicable to ver 3.0 now -  response from partner is below.

hth
Andy

Update from Cisco:
The bug is in severity 3 category so will be addressed sooner but there is no timeframe here i can provide as to when. We can keep checking for any updates with cisco and feedback further.

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The backups are from old hardware ISE installed from external support (professionell).

ISE only supports Restore from Backup going back 3 releases so if older than 2.3 that could be why it did not work.

If adding an external RADIUS server does not work, it is hard to know what to suggest without an actual error or screenshot of the problem.

Probably best to call TAC to get to the solution quickly.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvv67051 

At first glance , that should be fixed in your Release , contact TAC for explanations.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

M. Wisely
Level 4
Level 4

We're on 3.1P3 and still have this issue, can see the external radius servers in the sequence but not the list of external servers. Wasn't a problem prior to 2.7.

andrewswanson
Level 7
Level 7

I Have the same issue (same ISE version). Contacted our cisco support partner who opened a TAC case (mid june 2022). I've got a note of the bug CSCwb04566 being mentioned but this seems to be applicable to ver 3.0 now -  response from partner is below.

hth
Andy

Update from Cisco:
The bug is in severity 3 category so will be addressed sooner but there is no timeframe here i can provide as to when. We can keep checking for any updates with cisco and feedback further.

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE only supports Restore from Backup going back 3 releases so if older than 2.3 that could be why it did not work.

If adding an external RADIUS server does not work, it is hard to know what to suggest without an actual error or screenshot of the problem.

Probably best to call TAC to get to the solution quickly.