Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 3.0 Patch 2 PLR Authorization Code

daniel.tanch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently the Cisco ISE is using version 3.0 Patch 2 which support PLR. After generating the authorization code from SCCM. It produce the below code (this is an example from C9300 instead of Cisco ISE): 

Capture.JPG

Qns:

• How am I going to input these code into Cisco ISE authorization code which only accept 40 characters?
  • Or these code had to be input via the CLI?
  • Had to select a specific string from the above screenshot for the authorization code? 
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

GRANT3779
Spotlight
Spotlight

Did you ever find out how to apply the generated file to ISE? I have the same issue and struggling to even get an answer from Cisco. I'm also trying to use reservation codes due to complete air gapped deployment. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

hoohong
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Based on the screenshot, you have generated SLR auth code instead of PLR auth code. PLR auth code is much shorter, so you wouldn't face this issue if you generate PLR auth code.

Thanks,

Hoonki

Hi HooHong,

How do I go about generate a PLR authorize code instead of SLR authorize code? 

I generated the code by going to "Inventory > Licenses > License Reservation" after that I input the reservation request code that is extract from Cisco ISE. Is this the correct way? 

GRANT3779
Spotlight
Spotlight

Did you ever find out how to apply the generated file to ISE? I have the same issue and struggling to even get an answer from Cisco. I'm also trying to use reservation codes due to complete air gapped deployment. 

For my case Cisco backend did some linkage to the end customer smart licensing account. Then my side is able to generate the PLR and activate successfully.  

Same problem with ISE 3.0 Patch 5 with PLR

Only Cisco could help you ? Did you receive a valid Authorization Code form Cisco TAC or is it a sniplet from generated Authorization Code?

thank you

I have the same problem. An air-gapped ISE 3.0 patch 5 but the Authorization Code looks like a very long XML string.

How can Cisco make this any more difficult??

stefan.mathys
Level 1
Level 1

Update: TAC told my I have to order a 0$ SKU "ISE-PLR=" to activate PLR in our SMART Account and after that i should be able to activate ISE with PLR... I haven't tried this.

In the meantime I could connect our ISE over a Transport Gateway to activate your ISE licenses.

Please refer to the PLR workflow at the bottom of the page at the link: https://wwwin.cisco.com/c/cec/organizations/cisco-services/ts/tso/gtc/cin/agent/glo/ise.html

internal only link ? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: