Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE: 3715 redundant power supply

Ing suzzy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In the Cisco ISE 3700 Cisco Secure Network Server Data Sheet - Cisco specifies that the 3715 model only support 1 power supply and in the ordering information indicates the spare parts that can be order.

But my question is, if only the spare part is just to use in case of malfunction of the PSU in the box or it could work in a redundant arrange if we place that spare o the blank space

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It is supported just order: UCSC-PSU1-1050W=

Adding a second PSU to 3715 is the only supported field hardware/CIMC modification.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

@Ing suzzy in 3700 series, cisco have 3 models. 

SNS-3715 - Ordering tool only allow to select one power supply when you order SNS appliance. but base server supports 2. technically it should support to connect spare power supply as second supply. But you better get local cisco support on this because adding another power supply might or might not have affect on warranty since this SNS consider as special appliance for specific requirement.

SNS-3755 , SNS-3795 - comes with have 2 power supplies. If one power supply is goes down, secondary will work without interruption to operation. best practice is to use separate power sources to each supply

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

It is supported just order: UCSC-PSU1-1050W=

Adding a second PSU to 3715 is the only supported field hardware/CIMC modification.

rreyesal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are there any document that support that we can add a second PSU to 3715?
I only found this:
You cannot add additional hardware resources such as memory, processor, or hard disk to a Cisco SNS
3700 series appliance.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/sns3700hig/sns_3700_hardware_install_guide.pdf

No official documentation I am aware of.