Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE deployment licences

jeremytetart
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

Q. Do I need to purchase licenses for every node in a Cisco ISE cluster or deployment?

A. No. Cisco ISE license files are uploaded to the primary Administrative node, and the node propagates the licenses to all the nodes in the cluster or deployment.

I would like to deploy Cisco ISE cluster + one standalone node for automatic failover. I need licence BASE to do that.

Do we need two licences BASE (one for the cluster) + (one for the standalone node) Or Three licences BASE (one licence by node in cluster + one licence for the standalone node) ?

Thank you in advance :)

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
2 Base licenses - 1 for cluster and 1 for standalone.

View solution in original post

There is no direct way to convert ACS to ISE licenses. Cisco did have an earlier promotion running for migrating from ACS to ISE platform. This ended on Nov 30th 2017. I would recommend reach out to your Cisco Account team to see if there are any further promotions in place. More on ISE ordering can be referred here:
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/guide_c07-656177.pdf

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
2 Base licenses - 1 for cluster and 1 for standalone.

Thank you Rahul for your reply.

Currently, we use ACS with licence BASE. May I migrate my 500 users licences to Cisco ISE ?

There is no direct way to convert ACS to ISE licenses. Cisco did have an earlier promotion running for migrating from ACS to ISE platform. This ended on Nov 30th 2017. I would recommend reach out to your Cisco Account team to see if there are any further promotions in place. More on ISE ordering can be referred here:
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/guide_c07-656177.pdf

Ok thank you ;-)