cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE hot patch log4j -CSCwa47133 - File not the correct format

seto_wai_hong
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Identity Services Engine Software hot patch for the log4j PSIRT bug - CSCwa47133. Apply this hot patch for 2.4,2.6,2.7 and 3.0 patches.

Patch cannot installed. patch file is not in the correct format.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi @seto_wai_hong ,

please take a look at the following post: ISE 2.7.0.356.

Hope this helps !!!

View solution in original post

From the error output you're seeing, it looks like you're trying to install using the 'patch install' CLI command. You need to use the 'application install' command as stated in the Release Notes for this hot patch.

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

csavoy
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem with message "% Unable to unbundle the package. It should be in tar.gz file format"

But the downloaded file is only 20kB big... it looks very small for a patch...

Could it be a "fake" file used to prepare the release of the real hot fix ???

My download was only 5K.  Did your download get ungzipped?

Haven't tried to install yet, waiting to see what others' experiences are.

I downloaded the file once again a few hours later and the size changed to 5kB.

I was able to install it with no error message.. I don't know why my first file was 20kB big...

This happened to my customer too. I downloaded the file again via Chrome, then copied it with Filezilla ftp portable. Not sure how they ended up with a 20k file, but it prompted me to overwrite indicating the size discrepancy. 

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

See the shared link above from another post.  Specifically @Leo Laohoo 's post.  There is a readme link that breaks the process down.  Lastly, yes an application restart is required.  

Hi @seto_wai_hong ,

please take a look at the following post: ISE 2.7.0.356.

Hope this helps !!!

% Warning: Patch will be installed only on this node. Install using Primary Administration node GUI to install on all nodes in deployment. Continue? (yes/no) [yes] ? yes
Save the current ADE-OS running configuration? (yes/no) [yes] ? yes
Generating configuration...
Saved the ADE-OS running configuration to startup successfully
Initiating Application Patch installation...

Getting bundle to local machine...
Unbundling Application Package...
Verifying Application Signature...
% Error: Application bundle detected. Please use application CLI for application installation or upgrade.

I get the error - % Error: Application bundle detected. Please use application CLI for application installation or upgrade.

Help Any one? Tks.

From the error output you're seeing, it looks like you're trying to install using the 'patch install' CLI command. You need to use the 'application install' command as stated in the Release Notes for this hot patch.

Is it required to run this patch on both nodes if I have a secondary node, or do I just run it on my primary node?

Hi rpidcock@bankrcb.net ,

you need to run the Hot Patch on ALL Nodes.

Hope this helps !!!

hello Marcelo, it seems Cisco has removed patch "ise-apply-CSCwa47133_Ver_24_30_allpatches-SPA.tar.gz", its gone from the download area, instead there is one for ISE 3.1. But this one is applicable to for 3.1 only, not for the older version.

Does anybody know why Cisco has remove the patch? 

When they will upload a new one.

We have already downloaded a copy, but due to removal from the web, we are concerned about the installation of it.

thx in advance for your help.

br, Thomas

Hi @tneuhuber ,

please take a look at the following:

LOG4J.png

Check the All Release or at Log4j2-fix-2.4-3.0.

Hope this helps !!!

Hi, thx for kind and quick support.

My fault, did not scroll down to the bottom.

br, Thomas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: