Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE - Not use FQDN in url-redirect parameter

Joana Manzano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using Cisco ISE Central Web Authentication for Guest Wireless. Clients are redirected for web authentication to: https://ip:port/guestportal/gateway?sessionId=SessionIdValue&action=cwa as it is specified by the url-redirect parameter in the Authorization Profile.

The “ip” field in the url is now replaced by the FQDN of the Cisco ISE, but I want to use the IP address instead of the FQDN. Is there any way to do that?

As far as I know in version 1.2 you can use the “ip host/no ip host” command to indicate what you want to use in the URL. However my Cisco ISE is running version 1.1.1.268.

Thank you very much.

Joana.

2 Replies 2

bikespace
Level 1
Level 1

Available in 1.2, and available as a "bit of a bodge" in 1.1.x  (read "a lot of a bodge")

If you only have one PSN then you may be able to get it to work, but after that you lose the ability to get the session to be pointed automatically at whichever PSN they hit initially so it would break.

Copy the settings that are applied when you use CWA, then create your own based on the same settings but using the ip address pasted in there instead.

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. I think my best option is going for the upgrade to version 1.2 then.

Joana.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: