cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Reimaged Appliance Interfaces are not showing up

Chris Terry
Level 1
Level 1

I reimaged an appliance with ISE. The interfaces that are showing under show interface are not GIgabitEthernet 0, 1, etc... They're named enp4s0f0, enp4s0f1

Any fix for this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Terry
Level 1
Level 1

The initial install failed due to the appliance not being able to ping the default gateway and DNS server. Added the firewall rules and reinstalled. It fixed the issue

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

poongarg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which ISE version, you have installed. If used ISO or OVA file. Seems ISE application is not installed properly.

I would suggest you to reimage using OVA and check.

Unfortunately it's SNS-3415 with Cisco 2.2. I know they're EOL, but we're working towards getting off of them. It's a standalone appliance in a weird setup. We're using a proper VM deployment for our main deployment which is all supported and up to date...

I imaged the appliance using the KVM

Since both HW and SW are EoL/EoS, I believe, it is not worth spending time to figure out the issue on it. Better to test anything on latest or supported HW/SW.

ammahend
VIP
VIP

what appliance did you reimage with ISE image ?

-hope this helps-

It's a SNS-3415 and ISE 2.2. EOL but compatible with each other. It's a standalone appliance doing guest wifi auth in a weird "dmz" setup. We have a main deployment that is using VMs and update to date ISE versions.

I used the KVM and the 2.2 ISO to install it.

Chris Terry
Level 1
Level 1

The initial install failed due to the appliance not being able to ping the default gateway and DNS server. Added the firewall rules and reinstalled. It fixed the issue